Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They’re our way of showing that we care about our members.
RESPITE CARE SERVICES
- Up to 32 hours of respite care each year for Members getting personal assistance services.
- Up to 16 hours of respite care each year for Members not getting personal assistance services.
- High-risk Members with chronic health conditions can get pest control services.
- Members can receive an ID wristband.
- Up to $75 in sensory products for Members who meet medical criteria.
COMMUNITY-BASED SPECIALTY SERVICES
- Members can participate in Community-Based Specialty Services limited to $500 per year. Must meet medical criteria. Services can include:
- Equine Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Members can get two hypoallergenic pillows and bed covers. Must meet medical criteria.
- Members who use a wheelchair will receive a wheelchair bag.
- $150 for frames and lenses every two years. Ages 2 and older.
CELLPHONE MINUTES AND TEXTING
- 500 extra minutes per month and health education text messages.
- One first-aid kit per family for new Members. Ages 2 to 5.
GIFT PROGRAMS FOR COMPLETING CHECKUPS
- $20 gift card for Members who get four on-time Newborn Texas Health Steps Checkups.
- $20 gift card for Members who get two Texas Health Steps Checkups. 12 months and 15 months.
- $20 gift card for Members who get a Texas Health Steps Checkup each year. Ages 2 to 20.
- $20 gift card for Members who get a Mental Health follow up within 7 days of discharge from inpatient care.
- $25 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who get a Prenatal Checkup during the first trimester or within 42 days of joining DHP.
- $25 gift card/incentive for Members who get a Post-Partum Checkup within 21 to 56 days after delivery.
- $60 gift card/incentive for over the counter products every 6 months. Ages 0 to 15 months.
EXTRA HELP FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
- Prenatal Education Sessions – Cadena de Madres hosts baby showers for new moms. Moms can learn about stages of pregnancy and ways to stay healthy.
- $100 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who attend a baby shower.
- Members can get help to learn about breastfeeding and nutrition.
- Birthing classes for Pregnant Members at certain sites.
- $20 gift card/incentive for new moms who attend a parenting class.
- $30 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who download the DHP Mobile Application.
- $20 gift card/incentive for completing a Pregnancy Health Risk Assessment.
For a listing of our Baby Showers, Parenting and Birthing classes please go to our website.
SPORTS AND SCHOOL PHYSICALS
- One sports/school physical each year. Ages 5 to 19.
- Help with getting a ride to doctor visits or certain health classes when the Medical Transportation Program is not available.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- $50 gift card for Members who join a health and wellness or sports program or participate in a 5K race.
- Up to $150 to help Members with the registration cost to a special needs camp. Ages 6 to 20.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply.
These extra services are valid through August 2019.