Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They’re our way of showing that we care about our members.
RESPITE CARE SERVICES
- Up to 32 hours of respite care each year for Members getting personal assistance services.
- Up to 16 hours of respite care each year for Members not getting personal assistance services.
- High risk Members with chronic health conditions can get pest control services.
- Members can receive an ID wristband.
- Members who meet medical criteria can get a $75 e-gift card to purchase sensory products online.
COMMUNITY-BASED SPECIALTY SERVICES
- Members can participate in Community-Based Specialty Services limited to $500 per year. Must meet medical criteria. Services can include:
- Equine Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
FOLLOW-UP INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Members that follow up with a mental health doctor within 7 days of discharge from an inpatient mental health hospital can get a $20 gift card.
HELP FOR MEMBERS WITH ASTHMA
- Get 2 free hypoallergenic pillow covers and 2 free bed covers. Must meet medical criteria.
- Members who use a wheelchair will receive a wheelchair bag.
EXTRA VISION SERVICES
- $150 for frames and lenses every two years. Ages 2 and older.
SHORT-TERM PHONE HELP
- 250 extra minutes per month
- Health education text messages
- New Members will get one first aid kit. One per family.
- One $20 gift card for Members who get four newborn Texas Health Steps checkups.
- One $20 gift card for getting two of three Texas Health Steps checkups (12-month, 15-month, and 18-month).
- One $20 gift card for getting a Texas Health Steps checkup each year. (ages 2 to 20)
- One $25 gift card for Pregnant Members who get a prenatal checkup within 42 days of joining DHP or first trimester.
- One $25 gift card for Members who get a post-partum checkup at 21 to 56 days after delivery.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH 7 DAY FOLLOW-UP INCENTIVE
- Members that follow up with a mental health doctor within seven days of discharge from an inpatient mental health hospital can get a $20 gift card.
HEALTHY PLAY AND WELLNESS
- Members who join a health and wellness or sports program can get a $50 gift card.
- Members can get up to $150 to help with going to a special needs camp.
EXTRA HELP FOR PREGNANT MOMS
- Baby Showers – Cadena de Madres hosts baby showers for new moms. Moms can learn about stages of pregnancy, ways to stay healthy and get gifts for attending. Gifts include:
- $50 Gift Card to use towards a Car Seat.
- $25 Gift Card.
- Diaper Bag with baby starter supplies.
- Members can get help to learn about breastfeeding and nutrition.
- Birthing Classes for Pregnant Members at certain sites.
- Get one $20 gift card for Members who just had a baby and go to a parenting class.
- Pregnant Members can get a $30 gift card for downloading the free DHP mobile app.
- Pregnant Members can also get a $20 gift card for completing their Health Risk Assessment.
- For a listing of our Baby Showers, Parenting and Birthing classes, please go to http://driscollhealthplan.com/services/cadena-de-madres
SPORTS AND SCHOOL PHYSICALS
- One each year. Ages 5 to 19.
EXTRA HELP GETTING A RIDE
- Help with getting a ride to any health care related visit when the Medical Transportation Program is not available.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply.
These extra services are valid through August 2018.