The Home and Community-based Services (HCS) program provides individual services and supports to children with intellectual disabilities who are living with their families, in their own homes or in other community settings, such as small group homes where no more than four people live. The local authority provides service coordination.
What services are provided?
- Adaptive aids
- Behavioral support
- Cognitive rehabilitation therapy
- Day habilitation
- Dental treatment
- Employment assistance
- Minor home modifications
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Residential assistance
- Speech and language pathology
- Supported employment
- Transition Assistance Services
Who is eligible for services?
- You can be of any age.
- You must qualify for care in an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related conditions.
- You must have a determination of an intellectual disability in accordance with state law or have a diagnosis of a related condition with an IQ of 75 or below.
- You cannot be enrolled in another waiver program.
- Your income and resources may not exceed specified limits.
For more information visit: Home & Community Based Services.