Moms-to-be and their guests are invited to attend three baby showers. They are fun and a great place to learn more about keeping moms and babies healthy. Baby showers are offered in different locations at different times of the day. Baby showers may also be offered in Spanish.
While attending the baby showers, moms-to-be will:
- Learn about eating healthy and breastfeeding.
- Learn how smoking, alcohol and drugs affect moms and their babies.
- Learn what to look for if there are problems in your pregnancy. This includes knowing the signs of early labor and when to get help.
- Learn about some of the things you can expect during labor and delivery.
- Get healthy snacks or light meals.
- Play fun games with prizes for the baby.
Driscoll Health Plan (DHP) moms-to-be can also receive the following free services:
- Diet and nutritional help
- Breastfeeding help
- Social Work help
Baby Shower Schedules
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader or compatible PDF reader or plugin to view the schedules.
This program is free to DHP pregnant women enrolled under STAR and CHIP and/or residing in the following counties:
- Jim Wells
- San Patricio
- Jim Hogg
Health Education Resources
This free app sends information about health and safety. Topics include nutrition, sleeping tips, and much more.
Learn more at https://www.text4baby.org.
Preconception health care focuses on what you can do to increase the chances of having a healthy baby. Find out about what you can do to help you get ready for a healthy pregnancy.
Learn more at http://www.cdc.gov/preconception
The decisions you make today can affect your baby’s health for a lifetime. My Someday Starts Now gives you the information to improve your health and the health of your baby.
Learn more at http://www.somedaystartsnow.com
Cadena de Madres Contacts
For those DHP Members who have high-risk pregnancies that need help from our nurses, or for more information about the baby showers, call 1 (877) DCHP-KIDS.