Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life as well. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They’re our way of showing that we care about our members.
- One $20 gift card for members who refill five months of asthma medicines. Refills must be continuous.
- One-time sponsorship to summer camp for members with asthma ages 7 to 14.
Dental care for pregnant women 21 years of age and older
- Up to $500 in dental services for pregnant members. Includes dental exam, x-rays, two teeth cleanings and additional gum treatment per year.
Access to fitness programs
- Boys & Girls Club memberships at select locations. Space is limited. Memberships offered on first come, first serve basis. Ages 6 to 18
- $50 gift card for members who join a health and wellness or sports program.
- $150 for frames and lenses every two years ages 2 and older.
Cell phone minutes and texting
- 250 extra minutes and health education text messages per month.
First aid kit
- One first-aid kit per family for new members five years of age and younger.
Gifts for completing checkups
- One $20 gift card for pregnant members who get a prenatal checkup within 42 days of joining DHP or first trimester.
- One $20 gift card for pregnant members who get a post-partum checkup at 21 to 56 days after delivery.
- One $20 gift card for members who get four on-time newborn Texas Health Steps checkups.
- One $20 gift card for getting two of three Texas Health Steps checkups on time. (12-month, 15-month and 18-month)
- One $20 gift card for getting a Texas Health Steps checkup each year. (ages 2 to 20)
- One $20 gift card for members who follow-up with a mental health doctor within 7 days of discharge from an in-patient mental health hospital.
Prenatal education and parenting class for moms
- Prenatal Education Sessions – Cadena de Madres hosts three baby showers for new moms. Each shower teaches about each pregnancy trimester.
- Car Seat – Pregnant members can get a car seat after attending all three baby showers.
- Gift Cards – Get up to $40 in gift cards for going to two of three baby showers.
- Members can get help to learn about breast-feeding and nutrition.
- Birthing classes for pregnant members at certain sites.
- Parenting class for members who just had a baby. Get one $20 gift card for members who just had a baby and go to a parenting class.
- Home Visit – new moms who get a home visit can get a $20 gift card.
Learn more about giving birth at the following birthing classes that are offered by local hospitals.
- Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center
- McAllen Medical Center
- Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- Mission Regional Medical Center
- Knapp Medical Center
- Valley Baptist Medical Center
- Doctors Hospital of Laredo
SPORTS AND SCHOOL PHYSICALS
- One each year. Must be ages 5 to 19.
EXTRA HELP GETTING A RIDE
- Help with getting a ride to any health care related visit.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply.
These extra services are valid through August 2017.