What is CHIP Perinatal?
The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Perinatal Care offers prenatal care to the unborn baby of pregnant women who cannot get Medicaid.
CHIP Perinatal Benefits
- Up to 20 prenatal visits
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins
- Labor with delivery of the baby
- Two checkups for the mother after the baby is born
- Checkups, immunizations and prescriptions for the baby after the baby leaves the hospital
Driscoll Health Plan offers the CHIP plan in the following counties:
Nueces Service Area
- Jim Wells
- Live Oak
- San Patricio
Your Value-Added Services*
DENTAL CARE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN 19 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
- Up to $500 in dental services. Includes dental exam, x-rays, teeth cleanings and gum treatment.
CELLPHONE MINUTES AND TEXTING
- 500 extra minutes per month and health education text messages.
GIFTS FOR COMPLETING CHECKUPS
- $25 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who get a Prenatal Checkup during the first trimester or within 42 days of joining DHP.
EXTRA HELP FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
Prenatal Education Sessions – Cadena de Madres hosts baby showers for new moms. Moms can learn about the stages of pregnancy and ways to stay healthy.
- $100 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who attend a baby shower.
- Members can get help to learn about breastfeeding and nutrition.
- Birthing classes for Pregnant Members at certain sites.
- $30 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who download the DHP Mobile Application.
- $20 gift card/incentive for completing a Pregnancy Health Risk Assessment.
- New moms can attend a parenting class.
For a listing of locations for Baby Showers, Parenting and Birthing classes please go to our Cadena de Madres Schedule.
- Help with getting a ride to any health care-related visit.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply.
These extra services are valid through August 2019.
CHIP Service Area
For more information, visit http://chipmedicaid.org/en/CHIP-Perinatal.