What is CHIP Perinatal?
The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Perinatal Care offers prenatal care to the unborn baby of pregnant women who cannot get Medicaid.
CHIP Perinatal Benefits
- Up to 20 prenatal visits
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins
- Labor with delivery of the baby
- Two checkups for the mother after the baby is born
- Checkups, immunizations and prescriptions for the baby after the baby leaves the hospital
Driscoll Health Plan offers the CHIP plan in the following counties:
Nueces Service Area
- Jim Wells
- Live Oak
- San Patricio
Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They’re our way of showing that we care about our members.
Dental Care for Pregnant Women 19 Years of Age or Older
- Up to $500 in dental services. Includes dental exam, x-rays, teeth cleanings, and gum treatment.
Cell Phone Minutes and Texting
- 500 extra minutes per month and health education text messages.
Gifts for Completing Checkups
- $25 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who get a Prenatal Checkup during the first trimester or within 42 days of joining DHP.
Extra Help for Pregnant Women
- $100 gift card/incentive for Pregnant Members who attend a Cadena de Madres educational baby shower.
- Members can get help to learn about breastfeeding and nutrition.
- Birthing classes for Pregnant Members at certain sites.
- $20 gift card/incentive for completing a Pregnancy Health Risk Assessment.
- New moms can attend a Parenting Class.
For a listing of our Baby Showers, Parenting and Birthing classes please visit: driscollhealthplan.com/get-ready-for-baby
- Help with getting a ride to any health care related visits.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply. These extra services are valid September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021. For a complete listing, see your Member Handbook.
CHIP Service Area
For more information, visit http://chipmedicaid.org/en/CHIP-Perinatal.