Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life as well. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They’re our way of showing that we care about our members.
- One $20 gift card for Members who refill five months of asthma medicines. Refills must be continuous.
- One time sponsorship to summer camp for Members with asthma ages 7 to 14.
Dental Care for Pregnant Women 19 Years of Age and Older
- Up to $500 in dental services for pregnant members. Includes dental exam, x-rays, two teeth cleanings, and additional gum treatment.
Access to fitness programs
- Boys & Girls Club memberships at select locations. Space is limited. Memberships offered on first come first serve basis. Ages 6 to 8
- $50 gift card for Members who join a health and wellness or sports program.
- $150 for frames and lenses every two years ages 2 to 18.
Cell phone minutes and texting
- 250 extra minutes and health education text messages per month for certain members.
First aid kit
- One first-aid kit per family for new Members five years of age and younger.
Gifts for completing checkups
- One $20 gift card for pregnant members who get a prenatal checkup within 42 days of joining DHP or first trimester.
- One $20 gift card for pregnant members who get a post-partum checkup at 21 to 56 days after delivery.
- One $20 gift card for members who get four on-time newborn Well Child checkups.
- One $20 gift card for getting two of three Well Child checkups on time. (12-month, 15-month, and 18-month)
- One $20 gift card for getting a Well Child checkup each year. (ages 2 to 19)
- One $20 gift card for follow-up with mental health practitioner within 7 days of discharge from in-patient care.
Prenatal education for moms
- Prenatal Education Sessions – Cadena de Madres hosts three baby showers for new moms. Each shower teaches about each pregnancy trimester.
- Car Seat – Pregnant members can get a car seat after attending all three baby showers.
- Gift Cards – Get up to $40 in gift cards for going to two of three baby showers.
- Members can get help to learn about breast-feeding and nutrition.
- Birthing classes for pregnant members at certain sites.
- Parenting class for members who just had a baby. Get one $20 gift card for members who just had a baby and go to a parenting class.
- Home Visit Program – $20 gift card for participating in the home-visit program
Learn more about giving birth at the following birthing classes that are offered by local hospitals.
Nueces Service Area:
- Christus Spohn Hospital
- Corpus Christi Medical Center
- Citizens Medical Center
- DeTar Hospital
Smoking cessation benefits
- $50 repayment for products to stop smoking. One time limit for CHIP Members.
- One each year for CHIP Members ages 5 to 18.
- Help with getting a ride to any health care related visit when the Medical Transportation Program is not available.
*This is not an all-inclusive list of extra services. Restrictions and/or limitations apply. These extra services are valid through August 2017.
To find out more about the CHIP benefits, call the Driscoll Health Plan to talk to a member of our team.
Toll Free at (877) 451-5598 (Nueces Area only).